A Career at Imagia
Imagia Canadian offices are located downtown in the heart of Montreal’s AI City and in the Eastern Townships.
The greatest minds and talents in artificial intelligence (AI) have come together to create, invent, work and live in the Montreal area which now houses the City of AI – the largest concentration of AI talent in Canada!
We work to solve the most pressing problems of healthcare in order to have a positive impact on each patient’s treatment journey. Join us to make a difference!
Linux System Administrator
Permanent full-time position
Imagia focuses on AI-driven personalized care solutions across healthcare & bioscience industries. Our research scientists, engineers, clinicians, designers and colleagues work with hospitals, healthcare professionals and AI scientists to integrate impactful solutions in routine clinical workflows, and help patients access treatment as quickly and accurately as possible.
We offer a stimulating and focused yet fun work environment, modern facilities in the heart of Montréal, competitive compensation and benefits package, but most importantly, the opportunity to join a group of highly qualified professionals with a genuine passion for health, science and progress. We are looking for a dynamic person looking to take part in the journey of an impactful, fast-paced and quickly developing organisation.
- Administer and maintain Linux servers (software and hardware)
- Provide level 1 technical assistance for computer systems (Linux, Mac OS/X and Windows environment) and peripherals used by our teams
- Provide Linux related mentoring and technical guidance to end users via documentation of operational procedures
- Investigate, analyze and resolve incidents related to the Linux infrastructure, including post-mortem follow-up and root cause analysis
- Monitor server security and performance, identify potential or imminent issues, and implement solutions to ensure continued efficiency of the environment
- Conduct routine disaster recovery testing, including backup and restore validation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or College Diploma with equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience within a technical support environment for Linux
- Demonstrated experience with problem determination, troubleshooting and resolution
- Desire to learn and excellent work ethic
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (French and English)
- Advanced skills in Linux system administration
- Experience with containerization and orchestration systems such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Storage Area Network (SAN) systems such as Dell EMC EqualLogic or HPE StoreVirtual Storage
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as GCP, AWS or Azure
- Linux certifications like LFCS or RHCSA
- Technical certifications like CompTIA A+
- Skills in scripting in Shell, Perl or Python
- Experience with orchestration systems such as Kubernetes or Docker Swarm
- Experience with virtualization platforms such as VMware, Xen or KVM
- Knowledge of automation software such as Ansible, Terraform or Puppet
We’re always looking for passionate, talented people to join our team. Please send us your curriculum vitae by filling the form below.